Monday 21 July 2014

King Lear at the National Theatre

I am currently studying King Lear as part of my year 13 A level coursework in English Lit, and i went with my class to watch a performance of it at the National Theatre on Monday 30th June 2014.

I want to start by saying how much i enjoyed it. The whole production, set and acting was amazing and i felt everyone played the roles very well and seemed to really involve themselves in the character and their story.

Seeing the play brought to life in this amazing production really helped me understand it and gave me a chance to see the emotions of the characters and begin to see a new side to them.




The play is circles around two fathers who have both made life changing decisions and errors. Gloucester, by believing Edmond, loses his sight and is made a traitor and Lear by being vain and over indulged disowns Cordelia and resigns from the thrown.

Overall, i thought the production of King Lear at the National Theatre was brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment